Thursday, October 11, 2007

Formula 1 - exciting?

Is it just me or does the situation at Maclaren, with Alonso and Hamilton remind anyone of Ferrari, Senna and Prost? Now, I am no expert and F1 bores me to tears these days - in fact, it always did! It was just that I was forced to watch races by my evil babysitter (my brother) and recognise drivers from their helmets and name their team-mates... Anyway, I digress! I remember the last race of a season sometime where Senna took Prost out at Suzuka to make sure he won the Drivers Championship! Wonder if Hamilton will do the same to Alonso? After all, Ron Dennis and Maclaren have nothing to win or lose in the Constructors Championship after being chucked out...

The thing all Hamilton lovers seem to forget is that the reigning World Champ SHOULD get preferential treatment from the team...in fact, don't all teams have a number one driver? The fact that Alonso is saying everything is equal in the team is actually him pointing out that he should be given a better car and a better shot at retaining his title - yet he is being given the same chance as a rookie - or to phrase it better, Hamilton is being given the same chance as a reigning Champion. Ask yourselves a question...would Alonso have gotten involved in the whole Ferrari spy scandal if he felt like the number 1 driver at Maclaren. Hamilton is Ron Dennis' pet and will always be treated as such.
If I were an F1 driver, I would steer clear of Maclaren - at least until Hamilton has forgotten his roots and who he owes his success to...

My brother would have been better than Lewis Hamilton given the same chances...it's all down to money at the end of the day. No F1 driver has ever had to work for a living and they are all ungrateful arses at the end of the day!

F1 rant over!

No comments: